Saturday, February 1, 2014

From Head to Toe...


It has been quite some time since I blogged...almost a year, and during that time I have switched everything I buy to non-toxic and safe alternatives. As I began thinking of what to share with you first, I found it natural to start from my head and continue down to my toes. Today I will share with you what shampoo I use and why I like it, along with one failed attempt I tried...

No Poo:
This is a process of using baking soda/water and apple cider vinegar to wash your hair. I tried this method and was not a fan for several reasons...1. No suds, I'm sorry but I can't believe my hair is clean without some suds! 2. It smells! Apple cider vinegar is one of the worst smells ever! 3. Let's face it I'm too lazy to make a combination of baking soda and water every time before washing my hair.

Hugo Naturals Smoothing & Defining Shampoo, coconut:
Although I have tried a few natural shampoos, this one is my favorite. It smells like I was just transported to a tropical island and guess what...it makes suds! All in all I am happy and I don't have to purchase this item online, I just have to drive to my local Sprouts. Most importantly this shampoo receives a 0 out of 10 on Skin Deep Cosmetic Data Base which means there are not any ingredients that contain toxins. You can find the report below:

Ingredient Concerns:
Overall Hazard
 
 
Cancer
 
 
Developmental &
reproductive toxicity
 
 
Allergies & immunotoxicity
 
 
Use restrictions
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment